Our Vision, Mission and Committments
The leading organisation dedicated to reducing the incidence of cancer and ensuring the best cancer care for everyone in New Zealand.
Improving community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. The Cancer Society is committed to working with our communities by providing leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in:
- Health Promotion
- Information and Resources
The Cancer Society of New Zealand is a non-government organisation reliant on community support and donations.
- Evidence based best practice
- Co-operation and collaboration
- An independent professional voice
Our Donor Charter
The Cancer Society is financially dependent on the community it serves. The generosity of the community allows us to provide free support services and health promotion, and to fund research for the benefit of all members of the community in Otago and Southland.
Our commitment to our donors is based on the fundamental values of responsibility and accountability. These are the principles by which we ensure donors of the following rights:
- To be informed of the Cancer Society’s mission and goals; how we intend to use donations and of the ability of the Society to manage funds effectively.
- To know who are the members of the Cancer Society’s governing Board, and to expect the Board to be prudent and responsible in their care of donated funds.
- To have access to the Cancer Society’s recent financial statements.
- To be assured that donations are used for the purposes they are given.
- To receive due acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- To expect that all representatives of the Cancer Society act professionally.
- To feel confident in asking questions when making a donation and to be answered fully and promptly.